- Start small - creating small moments for yourself each day, such as taking a few minutes for a deep breath or a cup of tea.
- Schedule it - block out time on your calendar for self-care and respect that time just as you would any other appointment.
- Prioritize - prioritize your needs first before tending to the needs of others.
- Get creative - think of new and creative ways to practice self-care, such as creating an at-home spa day or taking a long walk.
- Change your mindset - shift your thinking from “I don’t have time” to “I make time” for self-care.
- Make a list - make a list of activities that bring you joy and that you can use to check-in with yourself.
- Connect with others - joining a self-care group can help you stay motivated and connected to others who are also working on their self-care journey.